- ‘Reperforming Anglo-Saxon migration narratives in a time of refugee crisis: Caroline Bergvall’s Drift’, paper given at International Society of Anglo-Saxonists, University of Hawaiʻi, August 2017
- ‘Another archive of the ‘odd couple’: Old English poetry in the Sutton Hoo Society newsletter’, paper given at Middle Ages in the Modern World conference (MAMO), Manchester, June 2017
- ‘Playing with Medieval Visions: Exploring The Dream of the Rood through Images, Sound and Text’, Fran Allfrey and Fran Brooks, Teachers of Old English in Britain and Ireland, King’s College London, Oct 2016
- ‘Tracing a creative network of the Old English Seafarer‘, paper given at Leeds International Medieval Conference (IMC), Leeds, July 2016
- ‘Old English Fragments and Anglo-Saxon Ruins at Sutton Hoo’, paper given at Fragments: UCL English Graduate Conference, London, 3 June 2016
- ‘Now we’re going back to the 21st Century: Understanding Medieval Poems and Objects through Encountering On-Site Performances at Sutton Hoo’, paper given at Limits: Approaching the Medieval, Newnham College, Cambridge, 4 May 2016
- ‘A Gift for the Illuminated Sphere: Medievalists in the modern art gallery’, Students as Creators: Symposium on Creative Practice in Arts and Humanities Teaching and Learning, Brasenose College, Oxford, 24 October 2015
- ‘Unlocking the Wordhord: Opportunities for Old English outside the university’, Teachers of Old English in Britain and Ireland, conference panel, University of Nottingham, Oct 2014
- Trade and Travel at Sutton Hoo, August-September 2017.
- Medieval ‘snapshot’ contributor, Medieval Comics: How to be human in the Middle Ages. Launched at Orbital Comics, 23 March 2017.
- Playing with Medieval Dreams, King’s College London Arts and Humanities Festival, supported by the KCL AHRI and CLAMS, October 2016
- Co-organiser and co-host of Poetry of Place with Ruth Bernatek, Bartlett School of Architecture, UCL. Poetry readings and conversations with poets Jane Duran, Anna Robinson, and Sharon Morris, in collaboration with LAHP and Enitharmon Press, 18 May 2016
- Charivari, speaker at an evening of music and lectures, organised by Professor Emma Dillon, King’s College London, 9 December 2015
- Sonic Illumination, event participant & translator for the Old English Riming Poem, King’s College London, April 2015
- Adventures in the illuminated sphere, event participation, Whitechapel Gallery, February 2015
- The Word Hoard @ Anglo-Saxon Day, event participation, Southampton University, Nov 2014
- Midsummer Water Day ‘Word Hoard’, event participation, Somerset House, June 2014
- Colm Cille’s Spiral: London knot at Bradwell, Furtherfield, and Derry, event participation, July-Nov 2013
- ‘New Ways To Know The Medieval: Creativity, Pedagogy and Public Engagement with Colm Cille’s Spiral’, with Francesca Brooks, Joshua Davies, Rebecca Hardie, Carl Kears, Clare Lees, Kathryn Maude, James Paz, Hana Videen, and Victoria Walker, in The Old English Newsletter, 46.3, (2017).
- ‘A Gift for the Illuminated Sphere’, with Francesca Brooks, in Textual Practice, Vol. 30, No. 1 (2015) pp. 15-17.
making and doing
- Producer and co-host for Footnotes, KCL Radio, October 2015-present
- Co-organiser and co-editor for The Still Point Journal’s online symposium, ‘Digital Selves in Research‘, July 25-29 2016
- Online and print sub-editor for The Still Point Journal, January 2016 – May 2017
- Co-organiser of the Medieval Reading Group at King’s College London, Centre for Late Antique and Medieval Studies (open to all – come along!). October 2015 – May 2017
- Shortlisted for Centre for Modern Literatures and Culture Creative Responses to Modernism Prize, for ‘A Gift for the Illuminated Sphere’ book and ebook, King’s College London, Summer 2015
- Designer for The Still Point Journal, Issue 1, Autumn 2015
Lots of these events and projects have happened with some regular co-conspirators and brilliant medievalists from KCL.